Now open, free of charge
- The Observatory building and gardens are open. Scan our QR code at the main entry near at the gates between 10am-4.30pm
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here: book for a visit during February
- Night and day tours are suspended in accordance with NSW Health guidelines
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe.?Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with?NSW?Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us email@example.com or call 9217 0222.
How to get to Sydney Observatory
1003 Upper Fort Street
For bus, train or ferry timetables and routes either phone the Transport Information Line on 131500 or go to the website.
Visiting from outside Sydney?
Find and compare Sydney accommodations via HotelsCombined.Back to top of page
Visitors can either park in Watson Road or Argyle Street both of which are metered. The Observatory is then only a short walk up Watson Road and through the Observatory Hill Park.Back to top of page
Food and Cafés
A cold drinks machine with water and soft drinks is located outside the Observatory in the rear courtyard. There is also a water bubbler in the grounds of the Observatory. No food is sold at the Observatory and food may not be consumed within the building.
The National Trust café is the closest café – less than five minutes walk away (opening hours: Tues-Sun, 11am-3pm; ph +61 (02) 9258 0175). There are many other cafes, bars and restaurants within about a ten minute walk in the historic Rocks area.Back to top of page
Visitors using?wheelchairs are able to access Sydney Observatory gardens, ground floor exhibitions and the East Dome telescope. There is no?wheelchair access to the North and South telescope domes due to narrow and steep staircases in the?heritage-listed buildings. An outdoor telescope can be installed by prior arrangement.
Toilets are located at the rear of the building and can be accessed from the grounds. There is a?toilet which can accommodate a wheelchair.?
Back to top of page