Design for Life explores the central role of design in the health and medical sectors, showcasing design innovation in the creation of equipment, devices, tools and apparatus that save and improve the quality of human life. Local design industry collaborations are presented alongside the Powerhouse’s collection of medical and scientific materials from the late 1800s to the present day, highlighting the trajectory of these sectors.
Now open, free of charge
- To visit the museum, simply arrive at the main entrance between 10am – 4.30pm and scan our QR to register for FREE entry
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Some exhibitions are not open. Find out?which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe.?Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with?NSW?Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us email@example.com or call 9217 0222.
Back to top of page
Plan Your Experience
These objects have been selected for their design innovation at the time of their creation and have helped save and improve the quality of human life.
Uncover the intriguing history of medical leeches, a global industry connected to Australia’s gold rush.
Learn how 3D printing is being used in different ways by surgeons, to rehearse procedures and replace bone.
Discover a brief history of prosthetics dating back to at least 300 BCE and the Roman Empire.