What visitors need to know before they visit:
The?Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and Museums Discovery Centre?are open to limited numbers of visitors in line with NSW Health’s guidelines for venue capacity.
Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with?NSW?Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan. In line with the recent advice from NSW Health, face masks are recommended when visiting the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and Museums Discovery Centre. Please bring your own mask when visiting. Any visitors who have visited one of the?identified venues?on the NSW Health list or have any cold or flu symptoms, should delay their visit.
- Powerhouse Museum?and?Sydney Observatory?are open daily, 10am – 5pm
- Museums Discovery Centre?is open?on Saturday?and Sunday only, 10am – 4pm
- Powerhouse Museum: most exhibitions, the Store and?café?and some public tours
- Sydney Observatory: exhibitions and gardens
- Museums Discovery Centre: exhibitions in the Display Store?and some public tours
- Find out?which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
- Visit?What’s On?for more information about upcoming public programs.
What’s closed?in order?to comply with NSW Health guidelines:
- Cloaking facilities
- Pram parking
- The Members lounge
- Interactive and high-touch?exhibitions, including?Experimentations?and?The Wiggles Exhibition
- Tours at Sydney Observatory
What we’re asking visitors to do to keep everyone safe:
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, or have returned from overseas or any known hotspot
- Provide your name and contact details on arrival.
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash).
- Avoid bringing large bags (you’ll have to carry any bag at your side or on your front).
- Consider downloading the?COVIDSafe?app.
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times.
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people.
- Allow less-mobile visitors to use elevators first or consider using the?ramps.
- Cough and sneeze into elbows or a?tissue, and?put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- Visitors who don’t comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all.
What?we are?doing to keep everyone safe:
- There are separate entry and exit doors, floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- Each space has a maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff.
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the entry and at various places throughout the building.
Group bookings FAQs
- We encourage online pre-bookings for groups of 10+ people for?Powerhouse Museum,?Sydney Observatory?and?Museums Discovery Centre?.
- Tickets can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device at the entry.
For more information for to make changes to your booking, email@example.com
- Please let us know about your access requirements
- Information and assistance is available from staff at:
- The Powerhouse: level 3 entry
- Sydney Observatory: the East Dome situated to the right of the entry gates and reception inside the main building
- Museums Discovery Centre: at the welcome desk on arrival
- For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9217 0222